Thursday 29 September 2011

Couragehavecourages official music video:



Although this is not the song which I have chosen by this band for my coursework I thought that looking at their previous videos may help me decide on ideas. What I've noticed when watching this video:

  • Firstly because of the genre of music this band uses a performance based video which I was expecting them to do. 
  • Secondly they have a conceptual based element of footage of them together, just doing different things, it does not follow a story though and therefore it isn't a narrative based element. 
  • The clothes and items of clothing are focused on during the music video and I therefore wonder if it is worth looking into the clothing of this genre of music as it seems that it is important in maintaining the conventions of the genre. 
  • Also, expected on this genre the timing of the editing matches the timing of the song which is a feature of this music genre.
  • There is also a use of lights, such a fairy lights in this. 
  • There is also a lot of use of stuffed animals, I don't fully understand the reasoning for this but I think I am going to explore further into the genre to see if there is any reason in particular for this or if it is choice of the band. 
  • The footage of the band outside of the performance is also all outside and I think that this matched with the use of the stuffed animals is properly a choice of the band to use nature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment