Friday 16 September 2011

My research on what I've found so far:

So far from my research I have looked at bands, both British and American. What I've learnt from this analysis on bands from both countries is that actually they have both many similarities and many differences. British baUnds which I have focused on use a typical performance based video which I have found they occasionally use along side a conceptual based video; Arctic Monkeys video is an example of where this done. The American bands similarly use performance based videos, this is what I have found to be typical of this indie/rock genre these bands fall under, however, the bands often use a narrative to run along side their music video rather than a concept. This is where I have found the main differences between the two. 

From analysing both types I have decided that I much prefer conceptual music videos and I would rather do this kind of music video with a performance element with it too. This realisation made me wonder if I was focusing on the correct genre of music and I am now beginning to explore a little further into the indie side of the music rather than focusing mainly on the rock side of the music. I have also decided that I would prefer the lead singer or artist to be male and this is simply preference of music I like to listen to which is influencing my search. 

1 comment: